Good Ol' Choc Brownies

One my my Personal Faves!
I found this recipe in a cook book I bought in a 2nd hand bookstore. So sad the shop has closed and moved to another location. It has some of the best cookbooks with huge colourful pictures that totally inspires you to try something new, only at a fraction of the actual price. Looks like I've got to check and track the new location soon.....

This yummy brownies is a hit at home. So comforting and delightful after a looooooong tiring day. And it keeps well in an airtight container in the fridge, up to 4 weeks!The recipe calls for 1 teaspoon of salt, but I've opted to omit it. You may add it if you'd like. And I've also substituted castor sugar for brown sugar as I prefer the less sweet taste in my desserts. Feel free to add or minus anything here. After all it's your brownies...and each one (I'm sure) would like to have their brownies done their own way. Some like it crusty at the top..and some like it chewy, like me!



CHOC BROWNIES with Walnuts

150gm unsalted butter
340gm semi-sweet chocolate or dark choc (chopped)
1 cup soft brown sugar (original recipe stated castor sugar)
2 eggs (slightly beaten)
1 tspn vanilla extract
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup walnuts (roasted and chopped)

* for a low fat version, you may substitute butter with 1/2 cup of sunflower oil, though the texture may differ slightly. It'll result to a lighter taste brownies, but just as yummy :)

Method:
- Melt the butter and choc till smooth. Set aside to cool.
- Add sugar, eggs and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add flour and nuts.
- Pour batter in prepared greased and lined shallow tin and bake in 175deg oven for 25-30mins.
- If you prefer chewy brownies, bake it for about 15-20mins.
- Cut it to squares before leaving it aside to cool.

ENJOY!

--------------------------------------------
Sheen Mars is a SAHM who loves the simple pleasures of home-cooked meals. Get more scrumptious ideas on Sheen's Tea-time and Simple Desserts Treats(Western and Asian) at=>> http://missionpossible-sahm.blogspot.com/search/label/Sheen's%20Tea-time%20and%20Dessert%20Treats
Do leave your comments if you've tried out this cake recipe!

Comments

Popular Posts