Bite the Bullet..

Through the years, there's one thing that I've learnt and hope to remain...be truthful. I'd rather face the truth and it's consequences (even though it may be hard) than to deny and pretend that things are fine and rosy. Being truthful will allow me to always be who am I, God willing.

It takes courage to be truthful and honest. . 
It takes courage to say "I am fine as I am, having what I have and I am grateful" ( and mean it).

It takes courage to say " I am grateful my children are happy, healthy and doing their best at school, even if they don't score all A's"

It takes courage to say " I am proud and happy of how I look, even if I don't look like those supermodels at the front of a magazine."

It takes courage to say "I need some help with my household chores and I'm going to get my family members to share the load with me."

It takes courage to say " I'm grateful for the roof over my head and a nice, secure and cozy place to live, even if it's not the most luxurious Bungalow in the fancy part of the city".

It takes courage to say " I can't afford this now and if I don't need it I will not buy it".

I'm sure there are more to be added here because the courage lies within you, and at most times we try to subdue it by denying - Denying what's current and in front of you and then succumbing to 'unrealistic demands' and 'unnecessary wants'. We need to be able to push aside the huge temptations of wanting to have more than what we need, and this needs courage and inner strength.

However...let's not jump towards envy when seeing someone obtain the latest 'wealth'- instead of being thankful with what you have at hand you try to comfort yourself with vicious thoughts. One example being "Well I'm sure she has some 'financier' to pay off her Gucci bag.." or "They are just Lucky"...( I'm sure you get what I mean). Envy only marks your own insecurities...
  
"Envy is the art of counting the other fellow's blessings instead of your own." 
~Harold Coffin

Being GRATEFUL is a good way to start. But this shouldn't limit your dreams and goals. By all means, work hard to achieve them, but at the same time it has to be realistic enough so as not to jeopardize your well-being and the people around you. Another good way would be to look at someone who has less than you because things could be worse than what it actually is...  A hadis mentions,
" When you see a person who has been given more than you in money and beauty, look to those, who have been given less." (Muslim)
If we're willing to open our hearts and mind, we are able to feel that life is too short and precious to be worked up about material wealth. So much love and value (true worth) are available around us that we sometimes ignore their existence (because we're so engrossed in focusing what we don't have). Faith, happiness and inner peace do not depend on how much material wealth is accumulated. Life is about learning to be a better person and hopefully by being courageous in being honest with oneself, we are able to move towards a more meaningful life, God Willing.



----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sheen Mars is a SAHM who is on a journey of continuous learning. She especially enjoys exploring and sharing her personal thoughts and opinions, as she reflects on her life as a SAHM. Discover more about Sheen's Thoughts at =>> http://missionpossible-sahm.blogspot.com/search/label/Sheen's%20Thoughts

Comments

Popular Posts