Growing as a Parent

"It's not only children who grow.  Parents do too.  
As much as we watch to see what our children do with their lives, they are watching us to see what we do with ours.  I can't tell my children to reach for the sun.  All I can do is reach for it, myself."


 ~Joyce Maynard




How apt! I believe I have grown since I started this family. I've learnt so much from raising the children myself. I realize that life is so precious and should not be taken for granted. There's always room to improve and make things better. Children are God's gift and should be showered with love, wisdom and attention wherever possible.


Being away from the corporate world doesn't make me feel any less privileged, as I'm able to experience first hand how it's like to teach and impart knowledge to my little ones. If anyone thinks that it's a waste for someone with a good degree and job-experience to be left out in the corporate world, I'd say, the knowledge and wisdom that has been bestowed on me is meant for my family first then others, God willing. 

Comments

Popular Posts