EASY BANANA CAKE...Yummy too!

I can't remember where I got this recipe from. One thing for sure is that it's so SIMPLE and EASY that I intend to teach it to my boys when they're ready. Very nice soft texture, and moist. Lovely with a nice cup of coffee. I added some Nutella on to the cake before popping it in the oven. The aroma was really heavenly!

It makes a nice 20cm square cake.

You'll need:

125gm butter (melted)
1 cup of castor sugar (lessen to 3/4 cup if you prefer the less sweet version)
1 teaspoon of vanilla essence.
1 large egg (beaten)
2 medium sized bananas
1 1/2 cups of Self-Raising Flour (sifted)
60ml milk

Method:
Grease and line a 20cm square pan.
Preheat oven to 175deg.

In a large bowl, mix melted butter and sugar. Whisk well till sugar is combined. Add vanilla.
Then add beaten egg and mix well.
Fold in flour alternatively with milk.
Pour batter in pan and bake for 35-40mins or cake is ready when checked with skewer.

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts