BINGKA ROTI PANDAN [BREAD PUDDING WITH PANDAN AND COCONUT CREAM]


Today, I didn't do much cooking. Just some home-made burgers for the boys for Dinner later. Spent the afternoon browsing and deciding which simple dessert should I try, as I truly feel that I've not baked for a long time. 

I remember seeing lots of FB postings on Bread Pudding...and I was inspired. The only difference about this one is it's truly traditional style - with coconut milk, pandan flavour and sesame seeds. One thing for sure, it tastes really good!

You'll need:
8" pan (round or square) greased - base and sides.
Preheat oven to 180deg celcius.

12 slices of bread
200 ml of thick coconut cream
400ml water
4 eggs
1 cup castor sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pandan paste
Green foood colour if you like
2 tablespoon of custard powder
2 tablepoon butter (melted)

Place all ingredients in a blender and process till fine
Pour batter into pan and  sprinkle sesame seeds.
Bake in oven for about 50min to 1hr till crust is golden.
Cake may rise while baking and sink when removed and cools.

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts