MARBLE CAKE

I've been wanting to try make these for such a long time. When I finally found a recipe, I procrastinated, till I almost forgot about it. Today, as I was clearing my drawer of nick-nacks, I found the recipe. Result: Soft crumbs and not sweet. Smooth flavour and very comforting. My advise for this one would be to use good butter and good chocolate.

What you need:
25cm /10inch pan ( I used a 10inch Bundt Pan)
Preheat oven to 175deg.


55gm semi sweet choc (chopped)
1 tablespoon brewed coffee


2 1/4 cups cake flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon


1/2 butter (125gm)
1 1/4 cups sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup yoghurt (plain)
1/3 cup milk


- Melt choc with coffee


- Sift flour, and other dry ingredients in a bowl


- Cream butter and sugar, add eggs one at a time.


- Add vanilla and yoghurt


- Fold in flour alternate with milk


- Half batter. Add choc in one portion


- Place alternate spoons in baking pan.


- With a skewer swirl gently. Don't over-mix


- Bake in 175deg oven for about 45mins or till cake done when tested.


To decorate: Melt about 60gm of semi-sweet chocolate and drizzle on cooled cake.



Comments

Popular Posts