STEAMED RAINBOW CAKE [KEK KUKUS PELANGI]

I love steamed cakes. They're so moist and tender. And I don't have to worry about it being overdone or not.

I found this when browsing for a recipe for Marble Cake. I tried it and it's so delicious. I made some changes to the recipe, something that my family would prefer.

Try it and you'll know why I say steamed cakes are great!

You'll need:

250gm Butter 
5 eggs (grade B)
250gm superfine flour (I used Cake Flour)
225gm castor sugar
100gm sweetened condensed milk
1/2 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 tablespoon vanilla essence

colourings: Blue, Red, Yellow (or any colour combinations you desire)

Method:
- Prepare steamer. Make sure steamer is hot and ready.

- Grease and line 8" round cake tin, and grease on the paper too.

- Whisk eggs with sugar till fluffy and thick.

- Sieve flour + baking powder into the egg mixture and fold in gently.

- In another bowl, beat butter and condensed milk till light and fluffy.

- Add butter mixture into the egg mixture and mix well.

- Divide the batter into 3 bowls. Add colouring into each bowl and mix well. 


** I mixed 1/2 teaspoon of coffee emulco to the Red colouring. It gave a wonderful taste and aroma to the finished cake.

- Spoon each colour, one spoonful at a time, at the center of the cake pan. Continue to

pile the colours, and the batter will slowly spread to the side.

- Cover the pan with aluminium foil and steam for 1 1/2 hours.


You may halve the recipe and steam it in a 5" round tin.

Comments

Popular Posts