MARBLE RAINBOW CAKE

I love colourful cakes. Of late, I've seen many FB friends posting their home-made Marble Cakes. Some in dual colours, some triple. I found an interesting simple recipe that I'd just want to try. A little adjustment, and it becomes my version of the Marble Rainbow Cake. The aroma of the cake whilst baking is simply
heavenly. 

My advise to those wanting to try this recipe is, please use good quality butter. Your cake will taste even better than those store-bought ones :)

Original recipe by sis Hazlita Omar, but I've tweaked it slightly to include 2 tablespoons of plain yoghurt and extra colouring

You'll need:
7" square cake pan, greased and lined.
Preheat oven to 150deg.

225 gm cake flour
1 tspn baking powder
250 gm butter
180 gm castor sugar
4     eggs
1     tspn vanilla
2 tablespoon plain yoghurt

1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp strawberry emulco
1 tsp chocolate emulco


Sieve flour and baking powder and put aside.
Beat butter and sugar till pale and creamy. Add egg one and a time and beat well after each add. 
Add vanilla essence, then fold in the flour, alternate with yoghurt.
Divide batter into 3 and place strawberry emulco and choc emulco into 2 of the bowls.
Place spoonfuls of each colour at the center of the pan, piling up till batter finishes. Use a toothpick and make light swirls on the top of the batter. Don't overdo it as you don't want to mess up the layers of colours beneath the cake.

Bake in 150 deg oven (preheated) for about 35-40 mins.

My version: 
I divided my batter into 4 portions: Orange paste, Strawberry essence + red colouring, Blue colouring and chocolate emulco. I pile 1 tablespoon of each colour till the batter finishes. And bake as above.

Enjoy!!


Comments

Popular Posts