EASY PANDAN BUTTER CAKE

I've been having this urge to eat Pandan Cake. The first thing that come to mind was Pandan Chiffon or Pandan Sponge. Gosh....! The thought of making chiffon or sponge cake somehow scares me. Looking at the recipe makes me cringe... because to me sponge cakes are so delicate. I remember failing miserably the last time I attempted one. I'll try again soon, but not just yet. STILL, I want to bake A Pandan Cake. Then this thought comes to mind, why not bake a simple Butter Cake and substitute the Vanilla Essence for Pandan Paste instead!! Yes! That's what I did yesterday. And the cake turned out just right for me. Yup, that's right, this cake is for me. Alhamdulillah :)

You'll need:
8" Pan (round or square, your choice), greased, lined, lightly grease over and lightly floured.
Preheat oven to 170deg.

250gm of good quality butter
180 gm of castor sugar
5 large eggs
200gm self raising flour sifted with 1 teaspoon of salt
2 teaspoons of Pandan Paste


Cream butter and sugar till pale and soft.
Add eggs and Pandan paste.
Slowly fold in sifted flour and salt.
Pour batter into prepared pan.

Bake for about 40mins or cake is golden on top and cooked when tested with a skewer.

Cool on wire rack for at least 10 mins before turning it out.


Comments

Popular Posts