Soft Bread Rolls with Filling



Saya suka buat roti!

Yes, I love making bread. 


Rasanya lebih puas dan berbaloi. Keluarga di rumah pun lebih gemari roti yang baru dibakar berbanding dengan kek atau biskut.
This recipe is from the basic white loaf I have made much earlier (when I first started making bread).

I used to have a bread-maker, a gift from my Dad. But since it broke about 2 years, I have learnt to make it from scratch. And that's when I 'discovered' I have the dough hook that comes along with the cake mixer. Hehee.... oh how things just fall into their places. And considering that I used to be so afraid to try out making bread. Sweet!

I have added various ingredients to make the bread rolls softer.


You can add any filling of your choice or make it plain. 

Don't worry, I'm not a pro either. We learn through trials and error and perfect it our way ok... *wink*

You'll need:

3 cups of high protein flour ( bread flour or top flour, tepung roti). A little extra for dusting and kneading. (lebihan tepung untuk menguli)

1 pack of instant yeast (11gm)
3 tablespoons of castor sugar (gula halus)

1 1/2 teaspoons of salt (garam)
2 tablespoons of powder milk (susu tepung) - I used Nestle Omega

1 tablespoon of vegetable shortening
3 tablespoons of oil (minyak)
1 egg beated (telur dikocok)
1 cup of warm water

In a large bowl, place all the dry ingredients - flour, yeast, sugar, salt and powder milk.
Use a whisk and mix these well.
Make a well in the center and pour all the liquids - oil, shortening, egg.

Using a dough hook, mix well for about 8-10 minutes till you get a smooth dough that is not sticky. If dough is still sticky, add a more flour (a tablespoon at a time).
Cover dough with a plastic cling wrap and allow to rise for about 1-1 1/2 hour.

Remove dough and place on floured surface.
Knock dough to remove excess air.
Knead it for about 5 minutes.

Divide dough to 12 balls.
Prepare 2 pans, slightly greased.

Fill it with fillings of your choice - I filled mine with Nutella and Sambal Sardin. You can red beans paste, sweet coconut and Kaya.
Arrange them on the pan.
Cover with a cloth and let it rest for 30-45 minutes.



Heat up the oven at 190 deg celcius.

Brush buns with beated egg and sprinkle chocolate rice for the Nutella buns and onion slices plus cheese on the sardin buns.


Bake for 12-15mins till golden brown.

Cool for 10mins.


Enjoy the buns!

Comments

Popular Posts