BUTTER CAKE - Ol'skool Goodness!

Assalamualaikum!

Hope you're all well and good today.

I was thinking of a recipe to bake the other day and just thought that something simple would be really nice.

I opted for Butter Cake and hoped it would come out nice enough for tea. I have kept this recipe for quite a while now. And so it did....it was a beauty! Simple and scrumptious. Moist too!

I have share this recipe with some friends on Nak Masak Apa Group in Facebook and a few have managed to try it and was successful. I'm so glad. Alhamdulillah. :)

What made this cake special was because I finally used the vanilla

pods given to me by my nephew chef. I scraped 1/2 of the bean and added this to the batter. 

The cake was so fragrant that I didn't wash the baking pan immediately even after removing the cake to allow the vanilla fragrance to linger in the kitchen!!


You'll need:
250 gm good butter (mentega yang baik) - I used SCS Butter. > soften in room temperature.
180 gm castor sugar (gula kastor)
5           whole eggs (telur) - I used grade A eggs.
200gm  self-raising flour (tepung naik sendiri)
1 teaspoon salt (garam)
1 teaspoon vanilla essence (esen vanila) 

Pre-heat oven to 170deg celcius.
Prepare an 8" cake pan, greased and lined.

Sift flour and salt, set aside.

In a large bowl whisk butter and sugar till soft and creamy,

Add eggs one at a time. Whisk well after each addition.
Add Vanilla essence.

Fold in flour.

Pour batter in the prepared pan. If you wish to make patterns on the cake, take out 1 tablespoon of batter and mix with 1 teaspoon of chocolate emulco. Place in a piping bag and pipe patterns on the cake batter.

Place in oven and bake for about 55 minutes. Check cake with skewer before removing from the oven. Cool 10 mins on rack before turning out.

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts