Wonder Woman...am Not!

All in a day's work. SAHM or not, every mom is a working mom. I have learnt to accept this role and hope to carry them out the best I can, God Willing. And since both boys are now at school till the mid afternoon, I've taken up another challenge of running an online biz (since 2010). No time to slack...work, work, work...zoom zoom..!

And guess what, I read an interesting article recently that scientists did a research to prove that "women are BETTER at multi-tasking than men" (Grey, 2010). Isn't that FANTASTIC! Although men are good at key or specific tasks, women are "able to stand back and reflect for a moment while they are juggling other things" (Grey, 2010). No wonder we excel as a SAHM! 

I realize that the house may not be entirely 'spic and span' (we're maid-less), but I've always have this urge to find ways to fill up what ever time I have. I feel that I shouldn't limit myself to just chores and errands...taking up a hobby or creative activities would be good (..I thought). You'll get a sense of achievement and contentment...etc. Let's see what else I'd take up next....hehee..to add on to the long list of tasks and chores that's already filling up the to-do list each day. Pheeww!!

Still, at times, I can feel the energy draining away when there's too much to do....fatigue does strike, once in awhile. Sometimes pretty often too. When this happens, I know it's time to hit the salon and get a good relaxing massage or facial.....! And that's reward JUSTIFIED! *grin*

----------------------------------------------
Sheen Mars is a SAHM who is on a journey of continuous learning. She especially enjoys sharing and exploring her thoughts as she reflects on her life as a SAHM. Read more about Sheen's Thoughts at =>> http://missionpossible-sahm.blogspot.com/search/label/Sheen's%20Thoughts


Acknowledgement:
Grey, R (2010), "Scientists prove that Women are better at multi-tasking than Men", The Telegraph, http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-news/7896385/Scientists-prove-that-women-are-better-at-multitasking-than-men.html

Comments

Popular Posts