Steamed Banana Choc Cake

My oven ended it's last day with a huge BANG a few weeks ago, and I've not had a chance to get a replacement yet. I miss baking very much. It's one of my stress-reliever. But, I'm not going to let this ruin my love for baking. I'm gonna make steamed desserts from now on, till I get a new oven that is. To start the ball rolling, I found this delicious recipe for the good ol' Banana Cake that's steamed instead of baked. The only difference to the end product is that it's less dark and doesn't have a crusty top. But it tastes just as good...in fact it's soft and moist! I omitted the ovalette that was stated in the recipe though, as I didn't have any at that time of making it. Still it's Yummm! Try this.

STEAMED BANANA CHOC CAKE

250 gm butter
180 gm castor sugar
1 tbspn ovallete (I omited this...)
4 eggs (slightly beaten)
275 gm Superfine flour. (I used SR flour instead)
1 tso baking powder
1 tsp soda bicarbonate
250gm bananas (peeled and mashed)
100 gm choc rice

Method:
- Prepare steamer.
- Sieve flour, baking powder and soda bic
- Beat butter and sugar till fluffy
- Fold in egg, a little at a time.
- Fold in sifted ingredients and finally add in choc rice.
- Pour batter in a greased and lined 8" tin and steam for 1 hour.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sheen Mars is a SAHM who loves the simple pleasures of home-cooked meals. Get more scrumptious ideas on Sheen's Tea-time and Simple Desserts Treats(Western and Asian) at=>> http://missionpossible-sahm.blogspot.com/search/label/Sheen's%20Tea-time%20and%20Dessert%20Treats


Comments

Popular Posts