Steamed Moist Chocolate Cake

Love this!
I found another cake recipe that requires steaming and it turned out just Lovely! It is velvety rich and moist, and it's so easy to make. I'm truly enjoying making cakes via steaming now (my oven is still 'out'). I used soft brown sugar instead of castor sugar because I prefer the less-sweet taste in cakes. It doesn't require butter but uses oil instead and I used sunflower oil. I've altered the original recipe according to my preference :)


STEAMED MOIST CHOCOLATE CAKE

200gm Superfine flour (I used Self-raising flour)
100gm cocoa powder
1tspn baking powder
1tspn bic. of soda
200gm soft brown sugar (recipe stated castor sugar)
3 eggs (grade B)
4 tblspn sweetened condensed milk
1 cup of oil ( I used sunflower oil)
1 cup of hot water
**For added richness, I've added 1 teaspoon of instant coffee powder and 1 tspn of vanilla to the hot water....Scrumptious!

Method:
- Prepare steamer and allow water in steamer to boil.
- Sieve floor, cocoa powder, baking powder and bic of soda.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, condensed milk and oil well. 
- Fold in the floor mix.
- Lastly, add the hot water, a little at a time and mix well and gently.
- Pour batter in a prepared 8" round tin.
- Steam in a steady hot steamer for about 1 hr.

** Note: You may need to cover the tin with lightly greased aluminium foil before steaming the cake to avoid steam from accumulating on it. Please make sure that the steamer is hot and ready before placing the cake in it. Fire has to be steady medium through-out. When cake is done, remove the foil gently.

---------------------------------------------------------
Sheen Mars is a SAHM who loves the simple pleasures of home-cooked meals. Get more scrumptious ideas on Sheen's Tea-time and Simple Desserts Treats(Western and Asian) at=>> http://missionpossible-sahm.blogspot.com/search/label/Sheen's%20Tea-time%20and%20Dessert%20Treats
Do leave your comments if you've tried out this cake recipe!



Comments

  1. Nice blog! I happens to come across yr blog and curious if you have any low-fat cake recipes for weight watcher.

    Dennis
    Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dennis-Gym/184782323498
    Fitness tips
    http://dennisgym.com/personaltrainers/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dennis!
    Thanks so much!
    I'll post a dessert recipe I have here, though am not sure how low-fat it is. But one thing I can tell you is that it's delicious! See ya!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Do share your thoughts... :)

Popular Posts