I Understand and Accept

Recently I wrote about how I faced a 'down-talking' from another lady ( see Judge...NOT). I can understand how it is for her. Everyone wants to feel important and significant. I do too. Without a formal career to my name at the moment, I tend to feel very defensive when someone misjudges. But at the same time, I also feel that I should attempt to understand how it is like to be in their shoes and shouldn't be judgmental.

I understand that for some personal reasons, some moms choose to work. Some are to meet financial demands of ensuring their children can get the best in education and help supplement the home's basic needs. These women have to find ways to juggle family and career within the day, some rushing to meet deadlines and appointments. Some lucky ones get extra help with domestic help or drivers to help fill the gap. I know some who feel guilty for being away while their children have to be left with child-minders. There is a small number of women who feel that they would rather outsource domestic chores and childminding while they carry out more 'productive' work out of the home. On the other hand, for some, material well-being is important and thus, it is essential for them to work to help finance increasing wants and desires. Personally, I'm not sure how some moms would regard home-making or child-minding as unproductive (maybe not financially productive...). This, I'll have to find out more.

There's no perfect choice. Each one has its pros and cons. It's up to each and every mom to see how best to make of choices they have made. Furthermore, each mom has different priorities and what she regards as important. As long as the welfare of the children and family is well-taken care of, God Willing, every mom deserves that respect, understanding and moral support. No one has the right to judge because it's all a matter of differing perspectives

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sheen Mars is a SAHM who is on a journey of continuous learning. She especially enjoys exploring and sharing her personal thoughts and opinions, as she reflects on her life as a SAHM. Discover more about Sheen's Thoughts at =>> http://missionpossible-sahm.blogspot.com/search/label/Sheen's%20Thoughts


Comments

Popular Posts