Distracting with Apples...

It's been awhile since I blogged. Fasting month of Ramadhan, spending Eid at parents' and kid's exams truly took up a lot of my attention - which is good as I get to be on the move. I like to keep myself busy..which is why I don't understand when some women say it's such a bore not being able to go out to work or get a job... Well, to each, his/her own. I shall not comment much on this.... :)

This week I tried 2 different Apple Cake recipes - Apple & Lime Cake, Apple Cinnamon Cake with Walnut Topping. Each one with it's unique taste..the former tart and refreshing, while the latter is sweet and comforting.

Baking is a distraction from the many things in my mind... At least when I bake, it's something that pleases me. It doesn't matter if nobody else wants to share the cake with me, but I know I'm going to enjoy it one way or another. The sweet aroma of cake baking in the oven is comforting enough for me. And having successfully baked a cake is truly self-gratification. It surely is a tremendous pick-me-up. I know it may not be on of those fanciful cakes with pretty icing on top, but Praise to God, I'm grateful being given the ability to bake even from scratch.  Simple cakes work for me, BIG TIME :)


Another thing that satisfies me apart from baking is sharing the recipes. If I can bake it, you can too! Will post the pics and the recipes soon...


Sheen Mars is a SAHM who is on a journey of continuous learning. She especially enjoys exploring and sharing her personal thoughts and opinions, as she reflects on her life as a SAHM. Discover more about Sheen's Thoughts at =>> http://missionpossible-sahm.blogspot.com/search/label/Sheen's%20Thoughts

Comments

Popular Posts